Residential Electrician in Santa Barbara
When it comes to keeping your home and family safe, homeowners in Santa Barbara want only the best when it comes time to installing, repairing, or replacing the electrical wiring and outlets in their homes. You need to be certain a fully qualified and licensed residential electrician from a reliable company is there to do the job right.
For all of your residential electrical needs, Eccles Electric is there to help. We have years of experience providing homeowners in town with high quality electrical work for a range of issues.
Save Money with Eccles Electric
When you have a licensed residential electrician work on your home in Santa Barbara, you should trust that everything is built to code. A skilled and licensed residential electrician from a local company like Eccles Electric knows local, state, and federal regulations for doing your residential electrical work and can ensure the work in your home is done properly. That way, you won’t have to undergo repetitive and potentially costly inspections to ensure you home remains safe, nor do you have to worry that something may be wrong with your system without you knowing it.
FIVE TIPS TO PREVENT ELECTRICAL HAZARDS IN YOUR HOME
At Eccles Electric we are firm believers in the saying that the prevention is definitely better than the cure. That is why when it comes to our highly respected electrical service, we always do our utmost to make sure that you, our clients in Santa Barbara, are as informed as possible about all aspects of electrical safety in your home. With that in mind, here are five very useful tips that we will undertake to ensure that any electrical hazards are prevented.
- 1. The first piece of advice that we give all our residential clients in Santa Barbara is to make sure that you only have licensed electricians install, repair or dismantle job-site wiring. At Eccles Electric, we will make sure that this is the case and all electrical safety codes are adhered to. This means greater protection for workers who will be using the wiring to power tools and equipment. Investing in a professional electrician service also means that injuries that may occur from the attempts of less-qualified individuals are prevented and this is vitally important for all parties involved.
- 2. At Eccles Electric, you can rest assured that we will always check each extension cord before we use it. Doing so makes sure that we can see that the insulation is completely intact (free from cracks and abrasions) and that the extension cables haven’t been knotted which could increase the risk of fire.
- 3. We always inspect our power tools on a very regular basis. Looking over power cords and plugs for any sign of damage to the insulation, blades or grounding pin is an extremely important part of this process. In the unlikely event that we do find our tools have excessive wear or tear then we will take the tools out of commission until they’ve been properly repaired. Our skilled electricians will maintain awareness of all the tools they use throughout the duration of work and once a tool starts to overheat, smoke or give off a burning smell then it will be discontinued immediately.
- 4. We will always make sure that all our electrical components remain dry at all times. This is one of the cardinal rules of electrical safety and we make sure that we never break it—to put it simply water and electricity should never be mixed. At Eccles Electric, we will always store power tools and cables above water level when they are not in use and we will never use electrically powered tools in a wet environment.
- 5. Finally, on every job we undertake, you can rest assured that we will use the right extension cord for every job. Before we plug in, we will also make sure that the wattage rating of the extension cord being used is greater than the pull of the equipment it is powering. Using an extension cord to supply more wattage than is rated can cause conductor strain, overheating and maybe even fire.
Our Electricians are Licensed, Highly Skilled and Effective
When things go wrong with your home, there are a lot of items you can take upon yourself to accomplish, such as replacing a broken window, replacing roofing shingles, and doing other routine maintenance. But when it comes to your home’s electrical wiring, it is very important to ensure only a properly trained and licensed electrician will handle your electrical work.
Attempting home electrical repairs runs the risk of an incomplete job by using the wrong components, and potentially makes your home unsafe. This can be avoided when you using a licensed and professional residential electrician for your Santa Barbara home.
Our staff is carefully vetted and selected from a wide pool of applicants. For us, only the best is good enough. Our clients mean the world to us, so we take pride in our careful selection process. Every member of our team is highly experienced and skilled in numerous aspects of residential electrical work, so no matter who answers the call, you are guaranteed top notch service.
Homeowner Electrical Insurance
In many instances, an electrician winds up doing maintenance and repairs that your homeowners insurance will cover. In those cases, your insurer will demand a trained and licensed home electrician. When it comes to getting the job done right and safely, a residential electrician from Eccles Electric is what you need.
Contact Eccles Electric Today
Whether your home is in need of electrical work immediately, or you just need the name of a trusted electrician for when an issue comes up down the road, we are here to help. From top to bottom inspections of your electrical system, to the complete overhaul of your wiring, we have experience handling just about every electrical issue you can imagine.
Give us a call today to receive a quote for a diverse range of services. We look forward to working with you!